Laboratory Technician III - Microbiology - 1127135
Serve as an integral member of the Obar Lab research team exploring immunity following respiratory infection with fungal pathogens through completion of project(s) objectives, facilitate project planning, execution of experiments individually or in collaboration with other team members, communicate project status to PI and other laboratory team member using both oral presentations and written report, maintain laboratory supplies, and work effectively toward problem resolution.
- Conducts laboratory experiments, utilizing a range of established methods, procedures, and techniques with necessary preparations, observes experiment, records observations and maintains laboratory notebook. 80%
- Prepares appropriate and understandable representations of data such as graphs, charts, tables, statistical summaries, etc. 5%
- Laboratory maintenance; orders lab supplies, monitors laboratory equipment and instrument performance, obtains maintenance and repair as necessary. 10%
- May assist in animal research; including maintenance of mouse colonies, injections, breeding, in vivo assays and entering data into computerized databases. 5%
- Associate’s degree with a major in one of the Biological Sciences or the equivalent
- One year of relevant laboratory or science experience or the equivalent.