Summer Operations Intern (Bilingual)
Position overview: The Summer Operations Intern is responsible for assisting the administration and daily operations of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School with activities related to end-of-school-year projects and preparing the school for the next year. The Summer Operations Intern will be hands-on, learning and doing what it takes to run an excellent school by playing an instrumental role in TEP’s expansion and preparation, by working alongside the school’s Leadership and Operations team in anticipation for its new students.
Operations and Logistics
- Complete student enrollment and related paperwork
- Communicate effectively in outreach to TEP’s families
- Organize end-of-year (ex. graduation, field day) and orientation events
- Order and distribute student uniforms
- File, update and organize records, maintain databases, and conduct basic research tasks
- Ensure proper setup of the facilities for the next school year, including technology setup, furniture and supplies delivery, and ongoing repair
- Work alongside teachers in classroom setup
- Minimum of two years of undergraduate program complete
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent time management and operational skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to incorporate feedback
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
Duration: Internship opportunities are available to begin as early as possible as of May 1st, 2020 with end dates of September 30th and October 31st, 2020. Start-date and end-date are flexible.
Compensation and benefits: Operations Interns are paid $17 per hour.
Deadlines and notifications: TEP is currently accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Applicants who will be invited to continue in the process will hear from TEP within four weeks of application submission.