Associate Software Engineer Program - Chicago
The Enterprise Technology team is seeking new graduates to join their Associate Software Engineer Program. The 12-month rotational program will give candidates the training they need to become a successful software engineer within the Enterprise Technology team. During the program each graduate trainee will receive intensive induction training before undertaking three, four-month placements within specialist areas of the team. Placements will include multiple assignments working across a combination of our Centers of Excellence, end-user computing and other Enterprise Technology teams.
Fitch Groups' Enterprise Technology team uses its technical expertise to deliver world-class and innovative solutions to its Fitch Ratings customers, providing critical information and capabilities that are used to run the business. The aim is to enable the Ratings business to operate more effectively, with better information, to produce the best quality ratings and research in a timely manner.
Throughout the program we will provide training in a variety of subject matter, covering information about the Fitch Ratings business and the current and next-generation technologies.
Our training curriculum consists of peer sessions, on-the-job application and self-learning. Trainees will have access to regular training sessions hosted by senior members of the Enterprise Technology and Ratings team, along with guidance from senior team members. Graduates will get the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- Product and Systems Development: Develop expertise in analysis, design and development of software applications using modern application development frameworks, front-end, and SQL and NoSQL databases.
- API Development: Work with our Center of Excellence to design and build comprehensive, scalable, and secure API’s.
- Engineering Efficiency: Develop knowledge of cloud-based computing, infrastructure as code, build and deployment processes and tools for monitoring and alerting. Adopt test driven development techniques to optimize the software development process.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science disciplines with strong background in computer information systems or software engineering.
- Graduating between December 2019 and May 2020 with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- High levels of creativity, quick problem solving capabilities; out-of-the-box thinking.
- Great collaborator and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, or coding competitions.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages such as C, C++, C#, JAVA, Python.
- Knowledge of some scripting languages (Bash / Perl / Ruby).
- Familiarity with database management concepts or with Data Science technologies.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Iterative Development).
- Familiarity with Test Driven development.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.