Home/Community Based Therapist
Pathway Contracted Therapist Job Description
- Meet with clients on a regular basis in their home or community. The frequency of sessions is based on level of need and the referral source’s request
- Will follow the Department of Children Services’ (DCS) Standards
- Will provide therapy based on best practice models
- Will assess each case on a case by case basis. Complete a comprehensive assessment (Biological Psychological Social Assessment, BPSA), and treatment plan
- If needed provide some case management services or refer family to a Pathway Case Manager
- Complete professional paper work by deadlines as requested by DCS/Probation Standards & Pathway requirements such as Intake consents, BPSA, treatment plans, treatment plan updates, weekly progress notes, safety plans, monthly reports, discharge summaries, etc…
- Demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity to Pathway team members, owners, clients, and to all referral sources
- Must be empathetic and compassionate.
- Independently comply with training's/CEU's to fulfill hours for licensure
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Remain HIPAA compliant at all times
- Participate in monthly team meeting and supervision consistently per the DCS standards
- Maintain professionalism
- Have own laptop
- Must have valid drivers license, professional liability insurance, working vehicle/car insurance (1 Million in the aggerate), and pass all background checks.
Education: Master’s Degree required in Human Services field such as Psychology or Social Work. Must be licensed or Temporary License, or Associates … Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), LMHC-a, LSW, etc…
Background Checks: Position requires a CPS history check, and a Local Law Enforcement background check.
Experience: Experience in child welfare