Summer 2020 Internship
POSITION: Summer Paid Intern(s)
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
DEPT: Legal, HR, Operations, APS, Finance, IT
Our company is a leading premier aviation services provider, with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Today, with over 20,000 employees worldwide, DGS is one of the largest aviation full- service providers in North America, and one of the largest globally. Our Aviation branch currently handles approximately 1 million flights each year, representing major U.S. and international carriers, through an expansive network of over 170 airports.
DGS’ Summer Internship offers talented college students an opportunity to go beyond the classroom to develop leadership skills and gain meaningful hands on experience working as part of a support team with professionals in various positions within our organization. Additionally, interns will participate in scheduled activities throughout the summer, including sessions with Senior Leaders, team projects and other networking opportunities. Our summer interns are in session from June, 2020 – July/August, 2020 and work approximately 40 hours per week. Our interns are paid a competitive wage.
DGS is seeking several dynamic, motivated individuals to participate in our Summer Internship Program. Business areas such as Finance, Operations, Legal, and Human Resources are offering internships; each will provide training curriculum, mentoring and on the job experiential learning. Summer interns will perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental projects or reports; offering innovative suggestions; accompany professional level employees on assignments; request or give information and other related duties as assigned. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the organization. Specific activities vary by assignment.
• Interns will engage in educational opportunities such as informational sessions and networking designed to broaden industry knowledge;
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for DGS;
• Networking opportunities;
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university and have successfully completed, or will complete by Summer, freshman year. Legal intern, must have completed or will complete by summer, second year of law school;
• Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines;
• Strong initiative; a self-starter who feels comfortable working in a fast paced environment;
• Eligible to work in the U.S.;
• Must be familiar with MS Word, Excel, etc. and Internet applications.
DGS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.