Physical Scientist - Summer Intern
NOAA is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented students who are pursuing a degree or certificate program in an accredited educational institution for our Summer Intern Program. The NOAA Summer Intern Program targets students currently enrolled (or currently enrolled and accepted for enrollment) in a degree-seeking or Certificate program at least on a half-time basis. (Applicants who do not meet the definition of student by the closing date of the announcement will not be considered).
This position is located in the National Ocean Service (NOS). Applicants must be available to work at the duty location for the duration of the appointment.
*Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
As a Student Intern (Physical Science), you will perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of aid and technical assignments pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization.
- Assist with research projects including the assistance of field data collection and the analysis and preparation of products and grids using project data.
- Provide support for the production or publication of data bases and data collections.
- Operate various types of laboratory equipment and computer software associated with reference data programs.
- Assist in providing administrative support duties, including locating and compiling research data; organizing and maintaining files and records; preparing correspondence, reports, and briefing materials; and responding to general office inquiries.
- Assist senior staff, project officers, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary.
This Summer Internship opportunity will start no sooner than April 2020.
Please note that if you are a Spring or Summer 2020 graduate, you will not be eligible for this Internship opportunity unless you are accepted for enrollment at a qualifying educational institution seeking an additional degree (diploma, Certificate, degree program, etc.) or an advanced degree. You must submit proof of acceptance along with your current transcripts for consideration.