Internship – Nuclear Support Systems
Position and Grade: Internship – Nuclear Support Systems
Organizational Unit: Division of Energy Planning and Nuclear Information and Knowledge Department of Nuclear Energy Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Start/Duration of Appointment: June/July 2020, 1 year
The main purpose of the internship is to support the Nuclear Support Systems Group (NSSG), led by the Nuclear Energy Nuclear Support Systems Coordinator, in the development of web-based computer applications, assist with user interface design, database development and administration, prepare documentation related to software projects and application portfolio management, and perform testing as required.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
• Work with SharePoint developers to develop additional features for the Nuclear Energy Portal and CONNECT SharePoint sites. • Work with .NET application developers to create/refurbish and deploy web-based software applications to support NE data products and websites. • Assist in the design of new user interfaces and graphic elements to support the refurbishment of existing NE applications. • Prepare system documentation including standard operating procedures, software description documents, test reports, configuration logs and user manuals. • Perform testing of the software applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Software Development.
• Web and User Interface Design.
• Database Design and Development.
• Data Analysis.
• Computer Infrastructure Administration.
• Software Testing
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in a field of Science or Engineering, Management or Computer Sciences.
• Experience in drafting system documentation, such as standard operating procedures, software description documents, test reports, configuration logs and user manuals is a strong asset.
• Proficiency in standard desktop software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
• Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
• Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
• Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
• Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application