Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager, in partnership with the Finance department, will oversee the delivery of services and programs related to the ICA’s Human Resources function with the goal of maintaining a productive, high-performance, and quality-oriented work culture. The Human Resources Manager will effectively administer the programs and policies in the areas of payroll, benefits, compliance, recruitment, and performance management as well as stay abreast of current trends and issues in the field. Specific responsibilities will include:
Benefits Administration, Compensation and Payroll
- Assist with administering employee benefit plans such as health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, disability, and 403b plans. Maintain compliance and reporting requirements on various benefits (Retirement, Cafeteria Plans, etc.). Participate in industry-wide salary and benefit surveys. Manage open enrollment timelines, process, and communication. Work with CFO to recommend compensation for new hires, performance, and merit increases.
- Payroll: under guidance of Finance department, process bi-weekly payroll including payroll change administration. Provide payroll and HRIS upkeep, and reporting as needed. Manage employment verification requests and unemployment claims.
- Ensure compliance with current and new employment regulatory requirements to include WISP, CORI, DOL Reporting, etc. Establish and maintain employee records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and good employee recordkeeping practices.
Recruiting and Staffing
- Work with hiring managers to update job descriptions, place position advertisements to various recruiting sites, participate in interviews, check references, make job offers to selected candidates, and assist with compensation negotiation when required. Attend recruitment fairs to market the organization and to diversify applicant pool. Ensure current and new positions are classified correctly.
Employee orientation and development
- Manage employee onboarding process to introduce new employees to the organization.
- Performance management and improvement systems: maintain employee performance systems and manage review periods for employees.
Policy adherence, documentation and implementation
- Maintain up-to-date personnel policies and procedures manual to include forms for processing personnel-related transactions.
Employee safety and compliance
- Process workers compensation incidents and maintain OSHA required documentation. Contribute to Safety and Security Team meeting when applicable.
Grants and Funding reporting
- Work with Government and Foundation Relations Manager to provide staffing and demographic numbers per grant guidelines.
- Provide employee communication related to benefits, policy, and internal procedural changes and/or updates.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the HR department’s annual budget
- Manage summer intern program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of progressive HR experience; work experience in a museum or nonprofit organization a plus.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring, and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations.
- Prior payroll processing experience and use of a human resources information system (HRIS).
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Ability to handle issues and challenges with extreme diplomacy.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan, and a generous time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line of email.