Human Resources Intern - Employee Development & Engagement (University Housing & Dining)
The Division of Student Affairs Internship Program
The Division of Student Affairs Internship Program allows students to spend a summer handling a special project for the university designed to prepare them for life after graduation. Interns will work 19 hours per week for 10-weeks. These part-time internship positions offer a competitive compensation package that includes an hourly wage and housing assistance. Undergraduate students are eligible to apply. The internship runs from June 1, 2020 to August 7, 2020. The application is due February 16, 2020.
Although internships range in subject matter and skill set, each position is designed to prepare all students for life after graduation. For this reason, each intern will submit various assessments relating to their development in the areas listed in the “What You’ll Learn” section below. These skills, otherwise referred to as the NACE career competencies, have been identified by higher education and corporate recruiting leaders as critical to a student’s career preparation.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
*Undergraduate students must be enrolled in the Spring 2020 semester to be eligible.
The Office of Residence Life, housed in University Housing and Dining, believes living on campus is about more than sharing a room. It's about building community. These campus residence halls support learning and growth outside the classroom with individual support, special programs and unique learning environments.
Intern will collaborate with Training Specialist to develop an e-learning module to be used for University Housing and Dining staff training.
Daniela Gonzalez, Training Specialist II, Employee Development and Engagement Office of University Housing & Dining
Things You’ll Do
The intern will use e-learning development software to design a dynamic learning experience, based on content provided by subject matter experts, to meet stakeholder needs. Tasks include meeting with stakeholders, designing visuals, creating interactive elements and quizzes, recording audio, testing module.
- Intern will use e-learning development software to design a dynamic learning experience, based on content provided by subject matter experts, to meet stakeholder needs
- Tasks include meeting with stakeholders, designing visuals, creating interactive elements and quizzes, recording audio, testing module
- Participate in all required Division of Student Affairs Internship Program cohort activities and assessments
What You’ll Learn
Using digital technology to create interactive E-learning is something that is applicable to use in any field for a variety of training purposes. Working on a project involving subject matter experts and various stakeholders is an experience that is transferable to many careers. Further, experience communicating complex ideas to a diverse audience using methods that combine written, visual and verbal methods is a valuable skill.
- Oral/Written Communications: Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral forms to persons inside and outside of the organization. The individual has public speaking skills; is able to express ideas to others; and can write/edit memos, letters, and complex technical reports clearly and effectively.
- Digital Technology: Leverage existing digital technologies ethically and efficiently to solve problems, complete tasks, and accomplish goals. The individual demonstrates effective adaptability to new and emerging technologies.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers representing diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints. The individual is able to work within a team structure, and can negotiate and manage conflict.
Who You Are (Preferred Qualifications)
- Skilled in visual design
- Skilled in communication
- Education or experience related to Training and Adult Learning, E-learning, or Human Resources
- Prior student leadership and/or employment experience highly preferred