CDCI - Marketing and Events Internship (SPRING)
The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce’s (GBCC) mission is to serve as the premier resource for business development in the Greater Binghamton region. Our aim is to support the existing local business community and the attraction of new businesses to the region through member-driven programs and services, the development of strategic community partnerships and effective political advocacy.
This internship reports to the Chief Operating Officer, whom works collaboratively with staff to align the organization’s strategic objectives across departments so that our events, programs, marketing, communications, programs serve the needs of our members and the organizational business objectives.
This internship will work with staff oversight on the chambers’ various websites, social media tools, weekly and quarterly member communications, special adhoc communications, and event & program fliers. This internship will assist with the planning and implementation of events as well as the input and data integrity of the membership database. Applicants should be interested in event management, communications and public relations.
· Assist in planning and execution of chamber events
· Assist in maintaining Chamber’s social media platforms
· Assess all communication methods of Chamber entities and recommend changes
· Assist in maintaining Chamber website
· Assist in evaluation of current member programs and events
· Support all YP Alliance programing
· Assist in the maintaining of CRM software and data integrity
· Assist in the day-to-day operations of a non-profit
· Assist in other GBCC programming as needed
· Current student can receive credit
· Must have experience and interest in event planning, marketing and communications
· Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Event planning experience
· Experience in social media platforms
· Graphic design interest and experience a plus
· Ability to keep confidentiality
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, comfort with new technologies
· Availability between 8 and 4 Monday through Friday (with some evening/weekend events) to complete 10-20 hours a week (depending on internship credit hours)
How to apply:
· Upload or Email a current resume and cover letter, addressed to Amy Shaw, email@example.com
· Individuals will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis until the position is filled.