Wealth - Retirement Actuarial Analyst - St. Louis
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer - a global strategy consulting leader in health, wealth and career that is consistently recognized as a top 10 consulting employer. Mercer has more than 23,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
THE POSITION: Wealth Consulting Analyst
Mercer’s Wealth consultants design long-term wealth benefit programs that ensure appropriate support for retired employees while respecting an organization’s strategy, culture and budget. Our Wealth Financial Management framework, supported by state-of-the-art tools, enables us to produce measurable retirement plan improvements.
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security and you’re a whiz at calculations and data analysis, a Wealth consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. A Wealth consultant at Mercer advises clients on their actuarial and/or investment related areas.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we’re looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
If you are ready to venture down our Wealth Consultant’s career path, be prepared for significant client exposure and a high level of responsibility early in your career.
To learn more about Mercer’s Health practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
As part of Mercer’s Wealth business, you’d support your client team in delivering actuarial and investment consulting services to retirement plan sponsors of mid-size to large organizations. Here’s a summary of some things you’ll need to do in this role:
- Develop liabilities for defined benefit pension plans and post-retirement medical and life plans using Mercer's valuation software.
- Analyze data, review, and reconcile participant information used for valuation and administration.
- Create individual statements that outline participant pension benefit information.
- Complete annual regulatory requirements for retirement plans, including government filings and audit assistance.
- Assist in preparation of investment performance reports for defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Assist in evaluation of portfolio characteristics and explain the impact of investment styles on fund performance.
- Assist in special projects such as retirement plan design & analysis, financial projections, funding strategies, investment manager search, DC funds line-up harmonization & fund selection, asset allocation studies and many more.
- Keep clients informed about major developments within the industry including legislative changes, governance issues, management changes within investment management firms etc.
- Attend and participate in client meetings with consultants to present results and findings.
- Manage internal and external client deadlines, prioritize and address client and vendor requests as they arise.
- Support Actuarial and/or Investment processes e.g. project management, liaising with the internal stakeholders including offshore teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, finance, actuarial science, business, economics or related field.
- Experience working in teams and with large, complex amounts of data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Commitment to achieving ASA/FSA/EA or CFA/CIMA designations.
- Actuarial or CFA exam passes are preferred.
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Please apply via your school recruiting platform. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 23,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $15 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://careers.mmc.com/ and for a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @lifeatmercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.