The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentor-ship from seasoned professionals. This intern assignment is intended as an introductory level assignment and will involve a range of special projects assisting a team lead on streamlining various business processes within Contracts and that cross into other departments of the organization. This internship will provide the right candidate with a unquie opportunity to gain a better understanding of the Government Contracting environment including day-to-day contract administration activities as well as understanding compliance requirements. Special projects may touch on the following subject areas:
- Evaluation and streamlining of the proposal process
- Establishment of meaningful department metrics,
- Review and disposition of records retention documents,
- Assistance with audit support as necessary, and
- Enhancement of a formal training program for the Contracts department.
This internship will provide exposure to contract administration duties such as handling contractual documents to prepare for, participate in and support contract negotiations. Opportunities will be provided to assist in the administration of assigned contracts including execution, modification, claims, correspondence, negotiation and closeout.
- Assist contract manager and administrators in the drafting of sales orders.
- Assist in the resolution of concerns received from the customer.
- Participate in the preparation of requests for quotation, bids and proposals.
- Ensure that all required approvals and notifications are obtained prior to issuance of any/all contract administration actions or documents.
- Coordinate accomplishment of work with Program Manager.
- Assist the contract manager and administrators in providing support for the Contracts Database and administrative matters.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Law, Finance or closely related majors
- Candidates must have completed freshman year requirements
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidates must currently be attending a university or college and enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Candidates preferably must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a 3 month assignment and work full time for the duration.
- Solid oral/written communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently when requested
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Must apply externally on the "gdls.com" website.