We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor. In general, the Staff Accountant is responsible for recording, balancing and reconciling daily and monthly accounting activities and accounts.
- All aspects of the general ledger process, including monthly closes, account reconciliations and analytics, in accordance with deadlines
- Processing all general, recurring and reclassification entries into the general ledger
- Reconciliation of cash accounts
- Review and analyze monthly financial results to ensure accounting accuracy, investigate and explain identified variances, and monitor compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist Finance team with the preparation of the monthly Flash report, as well as analysis of actuals to the annual budget, monthly projections and comparative prior actuals
- Timely and accurate delivery of global audit workpapers and data requests (planning, interim and final)
- On-going coordination and communications with global vendors, including external audit firm and third party accountants, and foreign offices
- Special reporting and analysis projects, as requested
- BS in Accounting or related field required
- Ideal candidate has 1-2 years of general ledger accounting experience. Experience in a professional services firm is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Oracle ERP system a plus
- Team-orientated, deadline-driven individual with strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Possess a high level of attention to details and strong analytical skills
- Preferably experience with multi-national business including inter-company transactions and agreements, and understanding of foreign currencies and currency translations
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work and result in a more satisfying client experience.