Assistant Merchandise Manager
As an Assistant Merchant, you will partner with the Merchant team to execute key merchandising strategies by analyzing data, reviewing critical reporting and reacting to data points associated with the business. You will provide fact based information to the Merchant team which will allow decisions to be made on key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and product assortments that are brand right and aligned with the Lands’ End customer. You will support the Merchant/s to take the category through the product development process where necessary. Specific responsibilities include running reports, analyzing data, researching trends while coordinating and facilitating the communication within the team. You will work cross functionally with Design, Creative, Global Sourcing and Inventory Planning to support the business in delivering profitable results. In addition to these responsibilities this position will support the Internet Merchandising strategy and execution.
The Assistant Merchant experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust Merchandising career path. Assistant Merchants will be immersed in the various functions that contribute to the broader scope of the vertical Merchant model, gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas. This role has clear upward career path potential.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Degree in retail merchandising and a retail merchandising internship experience preferred
- 1-3 years of specialty retail experience; multi channel brand experience is a plus.
- Instinct and passion for great product (taste level), strong product point of view.
- Demonstrated passion for merchandising.
- Acute awareness of market trends (trend forecasting); can translate this into ideas for key items, profitable growth and measurable results.
- Ability to translate qualitative trend and market information into actionable and informed recommendations
- Deep commitment to gain knowledge of the customer and the market.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize independently in a highly competitive and fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen; demonstrated by the ability to analyze and make recommendations that are consist with the brand; critical thinker.
- Self-motivated – pushes self to perform at a higher level which in return delivers recognition and inspires others.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, serves up calculated business risks and new ideas proven relationship builder
- Exceptional presentation skills and confidence