GROWMARK Agronomy Intern - Illini FS - Urbana, IL
POSTING DATES: At least five business days
SUPERVISOR: Howard Brown
LOCATION: Urbana, IL
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of Sales/Marketing Manager, trains and assists with general Agronomy functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May train and assist with:
- Hands-on work experience in the agronomy field
- Visit different locations
- Overview of ordering, receiving and inventory control
- Assist with product delivery and application
- Assist with facility/equipment maintenance and repair
- Scout crops to ensure they meet the appropriate agronomic conditions
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a 4-year university, with a status of at least a second semester junior or first semester senior in good academic standing at the time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Scientific, Facilities, Engineering, Operations