Quality Lab Technician - Job # 066494
Quality Lab Technician- New Augusta, MS
Are you detail-oriented & safety minded? Are you an experienced Lab Technician? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our Georgia-Pacific Leaf River facility is looking for a safety-oriented individual to join our team as Quality Lab Technician in New Augusta, MS. Lab Technicians verify sample properties and take necessary corrective action when the product is out of specifications.
For 35 years, the Leaf River team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Our products include chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and nonwoven materials that are used in products such as diapers, baby wipes and coffee filters. As one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business, Leaf River is a showcase of safety, operational and environmental excellence. To learn more about our Cellulose division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com/
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Sampling and testing baled and rolled fluff pulp according to procedure and schedule
- Inputting quality data, verifying accuracy and reporting results with strong sense of urgency
- Performing calculations, entering data, assigning quality, and communicating results and issues
- Performing routine calibration checks on all critical lab equipment per the posted ISO specifications
- Verifying test accuracy and reporting inconsistencies to supervision
- Adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a lab environment; college/university labs apply to this requirement
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Experience working with and analyzing numerical data
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a lab environment
- Associates degree or higher in a science or mathematics discipline
- Experience performing equipment operation, maintenance and calibrations for a Quality/Industrial lab
- Experience working rotating shifts
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.