Clinical Data Analyst I (FIN1901.19)
The Palo Alto Veterans for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Data Analyst to support a research program in the Finlay Lab by using SQL and SAS to construct analytic data sets from VA administrative data. The Finlay Lab, which is part of the Center for Innovation to Implementation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System and Stanford University, is focused on identifying disparities in treatment access, use and quality, as well as developing interventions to reduce disparities in care.
The Data Analyst will work with other experienced statisticians to perform statistical analysis and create summaries and reports. This position will also need to be familiar with unstructured data and natural language processing.
The Data Analyst will have the opportunity to learn or enhance skills in management and analysis of a large electronic health records database and advanced statistical techniques. There is also the opportunity to be part of scientific publications.
This position will support a clinical research study investigating mental health and substance use disorder treatment utilization and engagement among justice-involved veterans served at the VA.
This position will primarily contribute to a clinical study examining treatment use among justice-involved veterans with substance use disorders.
This is a regular, full time (40 hours/week), Exempt (salary-paid) position. Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- 13 paid Holidays
- Life Insurance - paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance - paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance - paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Write and run programs in SQL and SAS for clinical datasets;
- Identify and resolve database and analysis issues/problems;
- Conduct statistical analyses in SAS or R;
- Natural language processing with unstructured data;
- Create and maintain documentation for study set-up, directories, quality assurance monitoring and programs;
- Create written presentation of data information;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education: Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, or another quantitative field is required.
- Required: 2 years or more of related experience, including SAS, especially routines for the manipulation of large data sets;
- Desired: Experience working with clinical datasets; Prior work with unstructured data and natural language processing.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be proficient in SAS, especially routines for the manipulation of large data sets;
- Proficiency in natural language processing strongly preferred;
- Ability to use SQL to construct analytic datasets strongly preferred;
- Successful completion of advanced-level coursework in statistics, math or related field;
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative team;
- Ability to communicate data requirements, as well as limitations to team members;
- Proficiency with MS Word;
- Capability to produce reference documents and to outline work processes in writing.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical: Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, repetitive movement, etc.
- Environmental: Exposure to office equipment and office environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.