KCAU 9 News, in Sioux City, Iowa, is looking for a dynamic anchor/journalist to complement our veteran, weekday, evening anchor. KCAU 9 News is a multi-platform news product produced from a one-year-old, state of the art facility.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a broadcast journalist, with at least two years of anchoring experience. She/He is a team player, a strong conversational writer, has a professional attitude and understands how to connect with viewers. This is a community-oriented position in a community filled with pride. It’s why, at KCAU 9 News, we’re Siouxland Proud
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
· Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
· Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
· Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
· Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
· Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
· Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
· Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Edits video clips as assigned.
· Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
· Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years of experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with social media, computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.