Business Operations Manager
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s advanced-degree Supply Chain role, which is a part of the Verizon Campus Program, is intended to develop future Supply Chain leaders throughout the Verizon enterprise. The positions enable employees to apply their technical, business, and leadership skills across Verizon’s core Supply Chain functions. Successful candidates will be recognized as the next generation of Verizon Supply Chain leaders.
You may have the opportunity to work in one of the following areas:
- Supply Chain Quality Engineering
- Strategic Sourcing
- Network Inventory Planning
- Advanced Analytics
- Global Real Estate
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA or master's degree program with a focus in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration or a directly related area withan expected completion date by June 2020.
- This position is limited to students enrolled at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management (MIT) who are currently enrolled in the MIT Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Program.
- Four or more years of work experience related to Supply Chain Management, Engineering or a Business Administration field.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Proven record of academic, professional and leadership achievement.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Effective interpersonal and mentoring skills in driving employee performance, engagement, satisfaction and development.
- Proven history of managing employees.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.