Professional Services - Business Operations Analyst Entry Level
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Professional Services develop and deliver custom technology solutions to the global market by creating a digital strategy to modernize their network. We offer an array of services across a wide spectrum of technologies at various stages of the development cycle and give technical expertise, oversight, and guidance for businesses to meet their technology needs of today and tomorrow.
This Business Operation Analyst Entry Level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll take part in supporting the growth and development of the business by participating in transformative projects, analyzing financial models and results, and building collateral for a positive impact on our organization. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to work on:
- Lead and manage the phases of a project life cycle: Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing.
- Define and analyze data requirements needed to support business processes for information systems.
- Research complex business analysis problems to support executive decision making, including business performance analysis, trending, and forecasting.
- Propose and implement assessment recommendations.
- Support the successful facilitation, definition, and documentation of project requirements, scope, budget and deliverables.
Location: Alpharetta, GA and Ashburn, VA.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Bachelor’s degree program in Business Administration, Business or Data Analytics, Finance, Economics or related major with an expectedcompletion date by August 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 20% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- 3.0 GPA or greater.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous internship or coursework in data visualization and/or project management of comparable technology deployment.
- Familiarity with the following applications/tools: Clarity Project Management software, CRM and CSDC, CAT.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.