Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Intern
The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the "Pay-It-Forward Project" – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
WPS Health Solutions’ Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team is looking for 1 intern in our Madison, Wisconsin office. As an HRIS intern you will have the opportunity to explore what a career on a corporate HRIS team could look like. You will be exposed to the following tasks, including HRIS help desk support (tier 1 through 3), data entry, data auditing, writing/building reports, system configuration, and more.
In this role you will:
- Explore multiple areas of HRIS depending on your interest, including HRIS systems support (tier 1 through 3), data auditing and entry, writing/building reports, system configuration, and more
- Have the opportunity to shadow and participate in HRIS team meetings with IT and leadership from across the company
- Work on a dynamic human resources team, with exposure to careers in multiple technical fields
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in exploring what a career in HRIS could look like at WPS Health Solutions
- Are creative, have excellent communication skills, and are good at problem solving
- Are interested in seeing how IT and Human Resources work together to transform an organization
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Working with a dynamic, high energy, data driven team!
- Participating in agile project and operations management through the Scrum framework
- Learning how IT security audits work in a highly regulated environment
- Being exposed to various industry leading applications and platforms like UltiPro, ServiceNow, Cognos, Power BI, and Dell Boomi
You need to be:
- Currently pursuing a degree in higher education or recent graduate studying majors such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Managing Information Systems, Cloud Support, Front End Developer, Web Developer, Human Resources, etc.
- Brandon Dorr, HRIS Manager
- Kristin Walther, Data Integrity Analyst
- Katherine Salzer, Data Integrity Analyst
- Bob Johnston, Senior HR Information System Analyst
- Callista Gee, Senior HR Information System Analyst
- Ramon Rios, HRIS Analyst
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts