Aviation - Underwriting Analyst
This position will provide broad support to members of the General Aviation Underwriting Department in the areas of research and development of pertinent underwriting information, day to day servicing, routine follow-up for outstanding information and completion of policy documents necessary for issuance of new and existing policyholders. Further duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Create an underwriting analyst pack which consists of:
- Perform research on each risk and summarize outcome.
- Review previous Document Management records (where applicable) for any pertinent information to be shared with the sales underwriting team.
- Loading underwriting models including endorsements and coverages where applicable in an effort to prepare the model for the underwriter’s quote.
- Compare insured values with bluebook values and highlight differences to the sales team.
- Copy over any relevant underwriting information from previous year’s Document Management records (application, pilot reports)
- Generate an updated Policy History Report showing both premium and loss information and Early Action Renewal Analyst Packs.
Additional Duties listed below:
- Load underwriting models including endorsements and coverages where applicable.
- Issue quote, binder documents, policy and Mid-Term changes as directed by the Underwriting Team.
- Responsible for assisting Underwriting Team on credit control items and proofreading documents.
- Provide administrative support as directed by the Underwriting Analyst Manager
- Review policy detail report and highlight any discrepancies with the sales team. Assist in rectifying the issues.
- Contact brokers, head office or other regional offices
- Maintain proficiency in various applications and Electronic Bluebook and interface with these systems at the direction of Underwriting staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with studies in Aviation or Risk Management a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted underwriting practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Two to three years’ experience with insurance underwriting type activities
- Private Pilot License
We (Global Aerospace, Inc.) are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate in our employment practices due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.