Public Affairs Specialist
- As a participant in the Pathways Recent Graduates Program, you will receive both formal and on-the-job training to develop the required knowledge and skill to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Serves as a Public Affairs Specialist in planning, developing, and coordinating a broad and comprehensive communications and educational program that will promote public understanding and acceptance of Agency programs, policies, and decisions.
- Selects appropriate methods for communicating program goals and accomplishments; prepares suitable information strategies and materials; and analyzes consumer concerns and needs and recommends appropriate action.
- Prepares, edits, and issues consumer food handling publications, press releases, blogs, other print and broadcast media outreach, special articles and visual materials.
- Develops and presents FSES special exhibits, prepares reports on current FSES activities, prepares informational material for consumer education leaders in Federal and State agencies, universities and industry.
- Develops outreach activities incorporating the most recent technology feasible to provide agency information to a large and international audience.
- This position will be filled as 09/11/12 multi-grade career ladder. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of a more limited scope, performed with less independence, and may reflect limited complexity and personal contacts.