Advisory Consultant Program – Risk Advisor Program – Intern - Summer 2020
To be considered for an interview at EY
· You must first apply using your school’s online recruiting system for only one of our positions
· You must apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply. Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Full Time, Intern or MBA Application
· You must complete our Recruiting Candidate Preferences Form: https://ey.recsolucampus.com/candidatepreferenceform.php?formId=YWhmbHA%3D
EY’s Advisory Consultant Program (ACP) is a great way to start your professional journey if you are interested in a career as a consultant. If you join EY full-time after your internship, as part of the ACP, the Risk Advisor Program (RAP) is a 2-3 year development program providing participants with opportunities to serve diverse clients while being provided learning, experiences, and coaching to develop core risk consulting skills. Once you have completed the RAP, you will have acquired a strong risk assessment and risk management foundation for future success.
What to expect
At EY we are dedicated to helping our clients evaluate, understand and address compliance, financial, operational, IT and strategic risks – and that’s where our RAP excels. As a part of the Risk team, you will work hand-in-hand with senior team members to help clients improve their business performance through establishing and maintaining an effective risk and control environment. This involves assessing risks in either an advisory or audit context – both of which enable you to develop an in-depth understanding of a company’s business and IT processes, risks and controls.
We focus on a variety of industries including but not limited to: automotive, government and public sector, consumer products, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology clients. Additionally, we have built a dominant position and focus on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whether you choose to join the FSO or pursue a broader industry focus, you will gain foundational skills for a long career.
Your key responsibilities may include:
· Growing lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique ambitions and needs to deliver reliable, tailored advice
· Understanding and documenting clients’ business and IT processes, risks, and controls
· Gathering information to perform root cause analysis, providing recommendations, and supporting with business case development as needed
· Monitoring and managing project progress and risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Having a strong focus on building a reputation as an authoritative expert in your area by constantly updating your understanding of current business and industry trends
· Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables, while working under supervision
· Constantly considering, sharing, and implementing new ways to improve our products and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance or Management
· Desire to work in advisory and audit as demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
· The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
· The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, may vary by location and can range between 60-80%
· Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
· Willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
· Integrity within a professional environment
· A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
· Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
What working at EY offers
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
· Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.