Curriculum Development and Program Internship – Spring 2020
- CURRICULUM Lead the development of new life-long values curriculum centered around the organization’s core values of teamwork, dedication, healthy living habits and good character. Develop, launch and help facilitate the organization’s Opportunity Calls Leadership Program.
- PROGRAMMING Responsible for setting schedule, arranging facilities, marketing, pulling together materials, recruiting guest speakers, purchasing supplemental training, arranging leadership and executing the Opportunity Calls Leadership Program training sessions. May be asked to assist with planning OOD’s other programs if additional time is available.
· MARKETING Always presents self well to enhance OOD’s visibility and image in the community. Creates marketing materials to promote their programs.
- ON SITE ASSISTANCE Will be asked to attend some OOD programs including, but not limited to basketball, dance, soccer and the Opportunity Calls Leadership Program. May be compensated for OOD event assistance that is outside of their job description (e.g. presenting at local volunteer fair on behalf of the organization).
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES Assist with day-to-day responsibilities as requested by the executive director as they pertain to OOD. Attend and contribute to one of OOD’s board of directors’ meetings and may be requested to attend a committee meeting if it aligns with their project(s).
- LEGACY Help develop the best procedures for this position as position evolves and enhance the position’s binder outlining this position in detail that someone else can use to step in as needed for future years if candidate does not come back the next year. Provides direction, suggestions and ideas to improve processes and provides new ideas to standardize systems and areas that could be streamlined and simplified when appropriate.
· OTHER As an integral part of the OOD team, responsible for assisting as requested. Must present internship success to the OOD team at the conclusion of their internship. Provides stellar communication to staff, volunteers, attendees/parents, and vendors through regular email communications, phone calls and using other communication resources as deemed appropriate.