The Network of Community Ministries Programs VISTA (Year 2)
VISTAs (Volunteers in Service to America) devote one year of full-time service at nonprofit organizations or local government agencies. They build the capacity of these organizations to develop, manage, and sustain programs to make poverty history. To learn more visit www.VISTANorthTexas.com or email VISTA@rsvpserves.org.
The Programs VISTA will build capacity by creating, refining, and coordinating systems to promote smoother delivery of services in all client programs through the client stabilization programs (such as financial education programs, job placement programs, and case management programs) and crisis intervention programs (such as Food Pantry, Clothing Closet, financial assistance, and other seasonal income-support programs). Major duties include:
- Increase outreach efforts to raise awareness of Network’s services with client’s, donors and community businesses
- Develop and implement new client programs and improve existing client programs
- Assess current programs and develop strategies to meet the diverse needs of the Network’s clients
- Implement and coordinate seasonal programs
- Build in-kind donation acquisitions and donor relations through the enhancement programs and coordination of volunteers