Teach Thailand Corps Teacher
Teach Thailand Corps (TTC) is currently accepting applications for open positions beginning in May, 2020. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with priority given to earlier applicants.
The American-Thai Foundation and Yonok Foundation of Thailand provide an opportunity for graduates of American colleges to teach in schools in less-developed provinces of Thailand. Successful candidates will work to improve the lives of Thai students and local communities in ways that will have an impact on the country's continuing development, while gaining an enriching experience working and living in Thailand.
Our partner organization, Yonok Foundation, is an esteemed organization in Thailand with over 35 years of experience working with American teachers. Teach Thailand Corps provides an excellent foundation to support your goals of personal and professional development in preparation for your future career.
We and our partner schools are seeking English teachers at the K-12 level, though there may be opportunities to teach other subjects, such as math and science, using English as the language of instruction.
- Planning and executing creative and effective English classes
- Engaging in approximately 15-22 hours of in-class teaching per week, with an additional 15-20 hours a week spent at school planning, grading and building relations in the school community
- Attending and participating in community events, activities and projects
- A monthly stipend of 15,000 baht (higher than a typical starting salary in Thailand)
- Work permit and visa
- In-country teacher training, including an introduction to the Thai language and culture
- Ongoing on-the-job support for professional and personal challenges
- Expenses covered for domestic work-related travel
**Scholarships for airfare support may be available to graduates of Oregon, Washington, and California universities.
BENEFITS OF LIVING IN THAILAND:
- Opportunities for internships in various fields of interest, including business, international development, public policy, social work, medicine, and public health during breaks or after end of year
- Enriching language and cultural experiences
- Immersion in an area endowed with rich culture and history and natural beauty
- Convenience to travel within the country and to other countries in the region
- Low cost of living—typical meals range from 20 to 40 baht (approximately $1); sit-down restaurant bill averages 100 baht ($3)
- Convenient local public transportation; motorcycles can also be rented for a low fee
- A bachelor's degree in any field
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships and be constructive team player
- Proven ability to be creative, energetic, and enthusiastic in a variety of settings
- Proven ability to be adaptable to new environments
- Arts, music, or athletics/sports ability helpful but not required
Fall Cycle application deadline: December 15, 2019
Spring Cycle application deadline: March 31, 2020
Priority will be given to earlier applicants. Successful applicants from both application cycles will arrive in Thailand in late May of 2020 for orientation and training before beginning teaching in June. There is no application/acceptance/enrollment fee.
Application website: https://teach-thailand-corps.org/how-to-apply
- Unofficial transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Cover letter
- Completed application form
Email all materials to email@example.com