As an Assistant Strategist, you will work under one of OMG’s agencies supporting a specific client account. The Assistant Strategist encompasses active learning through participation to absorb as much media knowledge as possible. Active learning through participation will include activities such as being inquisitive and asking questions; keeping up on industry news and trends via advertising and media trade journals; on-line sources to better understand the overall landscape in which OMG and the client operate. The expectation is that the Assistant Strategist will be a credit to OMG and the client; produce work that is accurate; be attentive to detail, consistent, thorough; follow process; and not be a source of unwanted surprise.
- Assist the Planner and Supervisor in planning functions such as brainstorming, RFP development, plan and strategy development
- Gathering data using agency tools and on-line sources to support the media recommendations, and, assisting in writing competitive reports.
- Ownership of setting up meetings; handle and answer questions about billing discrepancies; prepare purchase authorizations
- Coordinate input from client and PHD internal teams, issue insertion orders; and follow up on requests for information from reps.
- Master proprietary planning tools and how to utilize syndicated research
- Manage media activity—from setting up billing code estimates and buying goals to issuing work orders to the Investment Group
- Help recap buys to ensure budgets were spent correctly and that proper programming was selected.
- Work directly with media vendors to evaluate and provide a point-of-view on promotional opportunities
- Assist planning group in compiling competitive data
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising or Media
- Previous internship(s) in advertising or media preferred
- Interest in the principles of advertising, marketing and media
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exhibit proficiency with computer programs, but specifically Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors
- Ability to follow-through on tasks and be detail-oriented