Wheat Breeding Intern
Interested in an internship with one of the biggest seed production companies in the world?
Come join us at KWS Cereals USA, LLC in Champaign, IL starting in June 2020 and get the chance to develop an operations knowledge in the area of wheat breeding. You will have the opportunity to work outside with a team of experienced wheat breeding experts during wheat harvest.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work in wheat fields to hand harvest research material.
• Assist combine harvest of yield plots.
• Operate various types of research equipment, which may include thresher, cleaners and seed counters.
• Organize seed stocks in the warehouse to prepare them for sowing.
• Assist research planting operations in the field.
• Ensure Company handbook, Rules Guidelines and Procedures and safety policies are followed and personal protective equipment is used correctly.
• Work extended work hours as needed and in outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Occasionally travel and/or drive on behalf of the business.
• High School Diploma, and/or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural, Crop Sciences, Plant Breeding, Biology or any other major.
• Ability to work non-standard work hours, including Saturdays, and some overnight travel.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and lift up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to work well independently and with team members.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and with different types of plants.
• Valid driver’s licenses.
• Farming knowledge and tractor driving experience.
• The ability to work beyond August.