Strategy Consulting Intern – Summer 2020
CARDINAL INTERNSHIP: McLean, VA. Josh Atwood '08, VP, Corporate Strategy at Capital One (formerly with McKinsey & Company), wants Wesleyan juniors to join his group's summer team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop consulting skills, learn from and collaborate with experienced professionals, and to see the operations of a world-class company from the inside.
TO APPLY: apply directly to Capital One through Handshake by clicking on the Apply Externally button. NOTE: disregard any message you may receive from Capital One regarding the basic qualifications for applicants. Wesleyan applications ARE being accepted for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
Strategy Consulting Intern - Summer 2020
The Strategy Group has played a primary role in transforming Capital One from a small startup in 1994 to one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The group reports directly to the CEO and functions as an internal consultancy, partnering with company leadership to solve the industry’s toughest challenges and develop delightful experiences for our millions of customers.
We’re seeking innovative, passionate interns with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to join a nimble team and help transform banking.
The Strategy Intern Role
Strategy Interns have the exciting opportunity to:
- Shape the direction of one of the largest companies in the United States while developing world-class consulting skills
- Work collaboratively on small project teams, taking on company-defining strategic issues and directly advising the company’s CEO and senior executives
- Partner with experienced consultants
- Advance critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills in an environment dedicated to professional development
- Leverage the expertise of team members from a variety of professional backgrounds, including financial services, management consulting, and start-up spaces
Capital One Analyst Internship Program
Join interns from groups across Capital One for:
- Experiential education and training (leadership development, complex problem solving exercises, leading change)
- Compelling networking activities
- Meaningful interaction with senior leaders from across the company
Accelerate Your Career
The Capital One Strategy Group serves as a powerful springboard for our Interns’ careers. Strategy Group alumni have exceptional track records of:
- Accelerated promotions within strategy and business line management
- Acceptance to top business schools, with full sponsorship opportunities available
- Other advanced degrees (e.g., medical, law)
- Moving onto exciting careers across a variety of industries, including big tech, start-ups, public service, investment banking, military service, external consulting, and non-profits
We are based at Capital One’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia, just outside of DC, accessible by the metro. To learn more about us, visit www.capitalonestrategy.com.
This is a paid internship.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The:
- Ability to work collaboratively in different team environments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Will obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2020 and August 2021
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.