Business of Sales Internship - Summer 2020
*This internship takes place at the dealership level. Candidates will select dealership location(s) of interest in the application*
The Titan Machinery Business of Sales Internship will provide individuals with the opportunity to work with the Store and Leadership personnel in the wholegoods, parts and service sales and administrative processes within one of our Ag or Construction Equipment (CE) dealership locations. This experience will include assisting our Area Sales Teams with the marketing and selling of new and used wholegoods and using Titan systems and procedures, as well as working with the District/Area Parts & Service Teams in learning and development opportunities. Opportunities for continued employment and career growth within Titan Machinery may be available for individuals who successfully complete this internship.
- The Intern will learn product information.
- Research equipment brands/attributes/descriptions
- Analyze inventory management practices
- Understand equipment evaluation (pricing strategies)
- The Intern will develop a working knowledge of the Titan Machinery wholegoods process.
- Explore financing
- Understand trade appraisal process
- Assist with sales packet completion
- Become familiar with the rental process (CE Store)
- Complete DPOs
- The Intern will engage in customer relationship building.
- Participate in prospecting
- Navigate CRM
- The Intern will gain experience in the parts, service and rental sales process (where applicable).
- Observe face-to-face sales
- Participate in field demonstrations
- The Intern will participate in other professional development activities.
- Contribute to store meetings
- Attend clinics/seminars/trade shows as available
- Must have 4 completed semesters towards a degree by start the of the internship program
- Must be able to regularly and reliably attend work on a part-time schedule for a duration of 8-12 weeks (35-40 hours a week) during the summer months
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with a high level of computer literacy
- Strong organization, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently and cost effectively
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn
- Capacity to perform in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Ability to handle and resolve interpersonal conflict
- Potential to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- Exemplify Titan Machinery’s Core Values