Intern- External Reporting
JOB TITLE: Intern - External Reporting
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting – Kansas City Headquarters
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
PAY RANGE: $15.00 - $18.00
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
It's never too early to start searching for your dream career. If you're ready to apply the principles you've been learning at school in the real world, Evergy is the place for you. Hands-on experience is what our internship programs are all about. Our programs offer students an opportunity to gain insight and meaningful experience while also allowing us to identify talented prospective employees. Many of our interns go on to develop successful careers at Evergy.
As an intern, you'll have real responsibilities, and you'll work on productive assignments with actual business interactions. We know that you work hard, so we help you play hard while you are here. We provide a number of intern events throughout the summer to burn some extra energy, including volunteer events, power plant tours, lunch and learns, and more
Position will report to the Senior Manager, External Reporting. The position will primarily be responsible for working with the External Reporting team in the preparation of Evergy’s Form 10-Q filing, other related financial reporting as well as other projects within the Accounting department as assigned.
Job tasks include but not limited to:
- Supporting the preparation of consolidated financial statements such as the income statement, balance sheet or equity statement.
- Drafting select footnotes or disclosures in the footnotes to the consolidated financial statements.
- Helping with benchmarking, research or other projects regarding Evergy’s Form 10-Q as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program with a major in Accounting preferably at either the Senior undergraduate or Master post-graduate level.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and proofreading skills.
- Must possess the ability to work and communicate effectively with other company personnel.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and operate efficiently and effectively in high stress environment.
Normal office working conditions.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.