2019 - Full Time Analyst- Corporate Risk Solutions
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets franchise offers a broad range of products and services across primary (Debt Issuance) and secondary (Credit, Rates, FXLM, Equities) markets products. Global Markets helps their global franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Fixed Income’s Issuer client base includes corporations, banks, governments, agencies, supranational institutions, etc. and the Investor client base includes asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds, central banks and official institutions, etc.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
The Interest Rates team within Corporate Risk Solutions covers North American corporates and financial sponsors to assist in originating, structuring and executing interest rate hedges.
Work with partners in Corporate & Investment Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, sales & trading and legal/Risk/KYC.
- Prepare client presentations
- Price and execute hedge transactions incorporating both market and credit risk
- Engage with corporate and sponsor clients, particularly on execution matters
- Work with legal, Risk and KYC to onboard clients for trading
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Finance related experience preferred
- Excellent academic track-record
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong references
We are looking for self-motivated team players with excellent communication and quantitative skills. The positions will provide opportunities to gain transaction experience, a high level of responsibility and a strong start in their finance career. A successful team member will demonstrate:
- Strong quantitative skills: Mathematical proficiency is key
- Communication skills: Oral and written communication skills are highly valued
- Ability to prioritize: Essential in a fast-paced work environment with evolving priorities
- Attention to detail: Accuracy of work is of utmost importance
- Technical skills: Excel and PowerPoint proficiency important
- Self-motivation: Ability to work well under high level of autonomy, and being able to get up to speed quickly on new concepts, procedures, and products
FINRA Registrations Required:
To be determined and communicated to candidates selected to continue in process.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.