IT Site Service Intern
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Site IT Service Internship opportunity available at our Potato Plant in Caldwell, ID.
In this role, the intern will support and maintain site IT infrastructure. Duties may include resolving incidents and problems with end-users, investigation of customer questions, research and documentation of problem causes and their solutions. Duties may also include the support of VM infrastructure, web servers, database servers, thin clients, Citrix farms, terminal servers, and manufacturing/Mining support applications. Supported technologies include desktops, laptops, mobile devices, thin clients, servers (both physical and virtual), networking (both physical and virtual), and Storage Area Networks.
· Works on problems or tasks as designated by Simplot IT professionals.
· Perform installations, repair, upgrades, and troubleshooting for software and hardware.
· Provides application support, where applicable. Assesses problems/resolutions to determine where improvements can be made or trends identified.
· Provide basic technical knowledge for end users to resolve network, voice, video, voice mail, or cellular problems.
· Must have excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
· One to three years related experience and/or training in Information Technology and its associated functions is preferred.
· Must be proficient using a Microsoft operating system and performing administrative functions associated with this environment.
o This will include, but is not limited to, remote assistance, remote desktop, event log review, knowledge base search, end-user troubleshooting, server management and maintenance, hardware maintenance, change management, and firmware updates.
· Must be able to coordinate, prioritize and follow up on multiple problems to completion.
· Exposure and understanding of several of the following technologies:
o Microsoft Client/Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office products, Active Directory, Group Policy, Printers, Peripherals, familiarity with a command line interface, scripting, Linux, monitoring software, virtualization software.
· Should have working knowledge of network concepts and standard networking protocols (industrial protocols a plus).
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
· Able to think and react quickly, utilizing creativity with sound troubleshooting skills.
Completed a minimum of 12 college or university credits in a technology related field.
Travel may be required to other regional locations in order to resolve issues or provide on-site support. Work will be performed in onsite locations that will include non-traditional IT environments.
The position is a part-time internship 20-25 hours per week extending into the school semester. Hours are flexible between 8am and 5pm.
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our JRS Talent and Culture department for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**