Program Analyst (Sustainability and Development)
Opportunity in Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Program Analyst (Sustainability and Development)
United States Agency for International Development/Bureau of Africa/Sustainability and Development
With more than 30 years’ experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International is among the top 20 USAID contractors for the third year in a row. CAMRIS realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
The Bureau for Africa (AFR) is the USAID/Washington operating unit charged with managing USAID economic development and trade programs in Africa. The Office of Sustainable Development (SD) has the responsibility of providing technical support for these programs. AFR/SD’s technical responsibilities span across all areas of economic development – economic growth, trade, investment, agriculture, the environment, biodiversity, water, democracy and governance, peace and security, education, health, and gender equality and inclusive development.
In providing technical support AFR/SD has articulated three development objectives –
(1) generating new ideas to improve these development programs,
(2) influencing USAID missions in Africa, African governments, and development partners to improve their policies and programs by using better information, and
(3) strengthening the capacity of African institutions to develop and implement evidence-based policies. AFR/SD ident ifies and addresses crosscutting development issues and opportunities, such as gender equality and women’s empowerment; tracks budget resources across the continent; and provides guidance on overall program and budgeting strategy.
The Bureau for Africa’s SD/Program team seeks an energetic, organized Program Analyst for a long-term assignment. The Analyst will provide support for SD’s Program team and the SD management team (Front Office) as needed. As a critical member of the AFR/SD Washington, DC office, the incumbent will work closely with both the Program team and the full technical staff across SD. The Program Analyst provides support to technical staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties. These duties range from administrative-type tasks such as scheduling briefings, conferences, and meetings and maintaining program files to more complex analytical tasks such as collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for various program documents; reviewing, analyzing, summarizing, and disseminating guidance and other pertinent information such as articles and reports; and coordinating, reviewing, and drafting briefers for senior officials. The Prog ram Analyst handles several tasks simultaneously, ranking tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and identifies for SD technical staff and management any items that require their attention. The incumbent must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies, guidelines, and programs, as well as Agency practices and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The Program Analyst will perform, at a minimum, the following duties:
* Assist with collection, review, and finalization of AFR/SD budget, planning, and reporting data (such as the Operational Plan (OP), Performance Plan and Report (PPR), Mission Resource Request (MRR), Congressional budget notifications, and Portfolio Review) using foreign assistance planning and reporting systems. Troubleshoot system issues.
* Support the coordination of SD and/or AFR-level clearance of AFR/SD-originated documents including briefing papers, memos, scheduling proposals, talking points, correspondence, planning documents, reports, etc.
* Support the coordination of SD and/or AFR clearance of documents originated by other bureaus and offices within the Agency including briefing papers, memos, scheduling proposals, talking points, correspondence, reports, draft guidance, etc.
* Identify and flag for other SD technical or program office staff, and leadership, any items that require or would benefit from their attention.
* Receive requests from other offices within the Agency for information concerning SD programs. Utilize existing materials to draft responses for requested information, or follow up to ensure that points of contact submit the required answers within the specified time.
* Coordinate, write and/or edit internal and public documents, speeches, talking points, and other products (including social media) about AFR/SD programs in Africa aimed at targeted audiences such as the Congress, think tanks, private sector, media, etc.
* Follow all USAID policies (ex. ADS chapters) regarding social media, websites, and privacy when communicating messages within and outside of USAID.
* Coordinate dissemination of messaging/information/knowledge working with Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor and key USAID staff in Washington and the field.
* Work with AFR/SD staff to keep the AFR/SD intranet pages current and provide new content and review for out-of-date content, requesting changes as needed.
* Coordinate collection of weekly bullets on SD activities.
* Create and distribute agenda for Program team weekly meetings. Take notes from the meetings, including commitments, and share them with team members as needed.
* Maintain Program team organizational chart and work with other divisions to help them maintain their organizational charts.
* Maintain knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures.
* Map current hard copy and electronic filing protocols in SD and provide recommendations for improvement, as necessary.
* Update the matrix of USAID centrally-managed mechanisms available for providing technical support to Washington DC and Missions, as needed.
* Assist with the management of data related to temporary duty (TDY) customer service surveys.
* Support logistics for conferences, meetings, and events for the AFR/SD Front Office, Program team, and other SD and AFR teams as needed.
* Other duties, such as provide support to AFR/SD front office and AFR bureau, as assigned.
* A bachelor’s degree is required in a field such as international relations, international development, or public policy with 2 years of relevant experience; or a master’s degree.
* Strong editing experience.
* Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
* Experience in research methods and/or analyzing data and working with quantitative results and budget information.
* Strong written and oral communication skills – ability to present information through reports and discussions, and work collaboratively with other offices within USAID/Washington and USAID Missions in Sub-Saharan Africa, other U.S. government offices, other donors, partner government representatives, and implementing partners.
* Ability to work effectively with teams in a faced-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of USAID project design and implementation, budgeting and financial management, and performance reporting processes preferred.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Google applications (in particular G-mail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets) required.
* Experience in the use of database applications is recommended.
* U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain a secret clearance is required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and two professional writing samples (examples: memo, talking points, social media post, article, or other document - not a thesis or academic paper).
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.