Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Oncology
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications from exceptional Research Associate/Senior Research Associate candidates who wish to contribute towards the identification and validation of therapeutic targets in cancer. The selected candidate will develop and utilize in vitro and cell-based assays to gain mechanistic insights into pathways contributing to tumor initiation, maintenance, and therapy resistance. Level will be commensurate with experience.
- BS/MS in a field related to cell or molecular biology with 3+ years of industry experience; BS/MS with 6+ years of industry experience, or PhD with up to 2 years of industry experience (strongly preferred)
- Track record of strong productivity in cancer related research, including significant contributions to impactful scientific publications
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, lentiviral/retroviral production, and standard molecular biology techniques
- You need to be an enthusiastic team player and excellent multitasker, thrive on attention to detail, and have excellent verbal/written communication skills
Additional preferred experience (one or more):
- Mouse handling skills
- CRISPR-based skills
- Basic proficiency in R or Python
- Experience executing high-throughput screens