Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cellular and Integrated Physiology
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications from research biologists who are excited to be part of a scientific team dedicated to unravelling the fundamentals of the aging process with a view to identifying targets and pathways suitable for therapeutic intervention. In particular, we are looking for RA/SRAs with a background and training in cellular and in vivo physiology and interested to apply this training to advance our understanding of metabolism and its impact on the pathophysiology of disease. The successful candidate will need to be detail-oriented, have a broad knowledge of cellular and molecular biology and be able apply advanced techniques to address specific questions about whole body physiology. Calico promotes a collaborative environment and provides access to cutting-edge technologies and she/he will need to be flexible and capable of adopting and implemented new technologies.
- Ph.D. or BS/MS with minimum 3 years of relevant lab experience in vivo physiology, cell biology, developmental biology, or a related discipline
- Need to possess quantitative and analytical skills, ability in rigorous design and implementation of new technologies, and have excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, solve problems in the lab, and carry projects to completion
- Must be capable of working independently, but also an effective team player and enthusiastic collaborator in a cross-functional environment
- Must have in vivo experience including genetics, husbandry, dosing, micro-surgery, histology, immunohistochemistry and RNA in situhybridization
- Primary cell and tissue culture, molecular biology (DNA/RNA prep, PCR, etc.), and biochemistry (Western blotting, ELISA, etc.)