Environmental Policy Advocate
Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE) is hiring community organizers to protect clean air and fight climate change. Work year round to protect the health of our communities and promote environmental justice.
Right now, we are building grassroots power on a campaign to protect Atlantic marine sanctuaries and prevent oil drilling in US waters. Federal protections on critical marine habitat are under threat of being rolled back. Join us fighting to protect marine life and ocean ecosystems!
We are looking for individuals to join our staff that have a passion for environmental or social justice issues, non-profit work, or politics and possess strong oral and written communication skills. If this is you, apply today! Ideal candidates will have previous campaign experience, but we are willing to train the right people.
Responsibilities for the job include:
- Educating the public on our campaign
- Collecting petition signatures and letters for elected officials
- Gathering support for our organization through organizing and fundraising
- Door-to-door grassroots campaigning, organizing, and empowering
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment!
- Leadership qualities to contribute to a dynamic work environment
- Articulate communication skills
- An interest in environmental issues, politics, and/or social justice
- A dedication to social and environmental change
- Extensive training and support towards building campaigning skills and increasing knowledgeable about local politics
- Focus on non-profit career development
- Rewarded leadership through *rapid management advancement
- Travel opportunities throughout NY and the U.S.
- National and regional Conferences
- Potential to earn college credit
- Health and dental and PTO for long term staff
- Full time: Monday through Friday 2PM to 10PM (not flexible)
- Starting at $525/week (Full-Time) plus bonus and advancement potential
- Part Time positions are available (2pm to 10pm, minimum of 3 out of 5 days of the week)
⦁ Competitive Pay
⦁ Paid Training
⦁ Opportunity for weekly performance bonuses
⦁ Health insurance
⦁ Paid vacations and personal days
⦁ Internship credit
⦁ Advancement and travel opportunities within our nationwide network of nonprofits for environmental and social justice causes