Sales Intern 2019-3801
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Do you have a passion for sales and travel? Consider an internship with Daktronics. Not only will you obtain hands-on professional experience as you travel the country, you’ll also receive a competitive wage as you explore our industry-leading products and interact with our talented team.
Internship runs January 13, 2020 through August 14, 2020.
Your exact responsibilities will vary depending upon assignment, but you can expect opportunities like these during your internship.
- Learn sales strategies including inside sales, business-to-business (B2B), service sales, and advertising sales:
- Job shadow our professional sales team.
- Attend trade shows, demonstrate products and visit customers.
- Give customer presentations.
- Conduct research.
- Generate and track leads.
- Contribute to Daktronics Intern Group:
- Monthly luncheons.
- Attend Toastmasters.
- Recruiting events.
- Give internship capstone presentation and attend colleagues’ presentations.
- Experience manufacturing through production rotation.
- Build and maintain professional relationships.
You’re an outgoing, self-motivated, flexible, well-organized person who is both empathetic and personable. You understand customers, so know the work schedule may include evenings and weekends. You can meet our academic, travel and other requirements.
- Preferred applicants will be currently enrolled in accredited Bachelor’s degree program related to sales, business, communication, economics, sports management, entrepreneurial studies, marketing, or engineering.
- Completion of sophomore year in good academic standing.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be a summer and a semester or a semester and a summer.
- Must be able to commit to 40 hours per week.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time on trips ranging in length from 2 days to 2 weeks, including some weekends.
- Physically able to connect trailer to vehicle.
- May work from multiple locations, including Daktronics offices and/or home-based office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal. Knowledge of Spanish or French helpful.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.