2020 Mechanical Engineer I
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Electronic Systems division. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, and electronic system enclosures
- Performance calculations
- Developing mechanical design concepts
- Structural and thermal analysis
- Hands-on support of testing and troubleshooting
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Mechainical Engineering or a related field
- Solid modeling, Mechanical Drawings, Common fabrication and assembly processes, Structural design fundamentals, Fastening and joining and Engineering lab safety
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.