This procurement buyer will primarily be responsible for the execution buying supporting the JROC focus factories.
Purchases materials and/or commodity products. Evaluates bids, negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Follows up on all awards through completion of order. Negotiates with suppliers regarding rejections, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes. Participant on the Supply Chain Commodity Teams – teams that evaluate and rate our suppliers, relative to production capability, performance and delivery.
Responsible for low/high dollar procurements and tactical maintenance of all procurement systems (i.e. - expediting, de-expediting, purchase order maintenance, Rejection and Disposition Notification, Revision Change Notification). Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and work in a team environment.
- Issue RFQs, evaluate bids, select suppliers, and place PO’s. Negotiate price, delivery and service.
- Support Blanket Purchase Order awards & inventory programs
- POC for ensuring delivery dates are met, handling over-shipments, cancellations, and receiving issues.
- Responsible to confirm all purchase orders through completion of delivery
- Ensure supplier compliance via an internet portal (eXpo PO tracking)
- Follow-up on all awards through completion of order
- Expedite Purchase Orders to meet operation ‘need dates’ - work with the suppliers to support unexpected demands
- Monitor critical shortages daily and work/negotiate the premium requests from suppliers with Planning
- Use Oracle EBS/ASCP daily to analyze planning needs, update orders, create new PO’s and add line items
- Assist with invoice reconciliation using PeopleSoft when necessary
- Responsible for data attribute accuracy - LT updates, min/mult updates and sending data steward requests
- Bachelors degree and minimum 4 years of prior procurement experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- ERP Business Systems and Agile (configuration mgmt.), experience a plus
- Strong computer application skills - Excel, Word and Outlook as minimum
- Enjoys working with people, developing relationships and sharing knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively (professionally) with both internal and external suppliers
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills are necessary
- Analytical, problem solving
- Muti-tasking capabilities
- Positive attitude