Writer - CreativeWorks / Creative Development
The Writer position for ESPN CreativeWorks reports to the Creative Director and will write copy for client-driven promotional campaigns. Responsibilities include developing and writing creative concepts for branded and co-branded commercial elements, emphasizing video, digital, social and print advertisements. This role is responsible for creating high-quality work, as well as building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across many different departments. In short, we are looking for a passionate, big idea person who has writing range (anthemic, funny, emotional, etc.), who can creatively problem solve in multitude of different ways and wants to produce the best work (TV, digital, social, print) possible.
- Develop innovative concepts, write copy and scripts for multimedia executions.
- Internal development of digital promotions, print and social media content - either as an extension of or an addition to television campaigns and executions.
- Assist in the creative development process for graphics, music, editing and the overall tone of the campaign. Collaborate with other CreativeWorks team members to ensure that all work is creatively superlative, accurate and true to the larger tonality of both the ESPN and client brands.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must have an online creative portfolio consisting of writing examples.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a marketing, advertising or journalism background.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sports.
- Strong knowledge of movies and pop culture.
- Proficient knowledge of content development for advertising and promotional spots, including script writing and print copy writing.
- Experience with creative development process with an understanding of advertising development and agency relationships.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of the ESPN brand and the marketing position.
- Proven collaborator. Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a highly pressurized environment. Hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
- Desire to take risks and drive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker.
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an ad school or similar portfolio school