Accounting Leader In Development
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their career.
The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of the finance function. The person selected will spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel. This position is intended to last for one year so candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- LIDs receive a high level of responsibility in solving problems autonomously and are able to see the effects resulting from their actions.
- This program requires participants to work a minimum of 47.5 hours per week, spent performing responsibilities in the finance department (primarily accounts payable) and completing Learning Contracts focused on all various hotel functions. The completion of these contracts occurs through meeting with mentors and experts in these areas, and often through acting in a capacity to fulfill a new role.
- A Hotel Mentor is assigned to the LID to help manage progress within the LID’s discipline and across all Learning Contracts.
- Although considered a “trainee,” integration into the management team occurs on the first day of the program.
- The ultimate goal of the program is to launch participants into a management position immediately upon graduation as a LID.
- Ensure that the processing of all invoices is completed properly.
- Process checks for payment of all invo Finish invoices as necessary.
- Process checks manually in an emergency situation.
- Maintain complete and accurate files in order to handle vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements and solve any discrepancies.
- Coordinate and analyze general ledger with controller.
- Must have a bachelor's (4 year college) degree, preferably in accounting and/or hospitality.
- Must have hospitality experience; preferably in hotel/front office or relevant finance experience. Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Previous experience in high customer contact environment; with previous experience answering customer questions and handling customer concerns.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer system
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions with strong problem solving skills
- Developed computer proficiencies, particularly with Microsoft Office, with ability to operate printer, photocopier and telephone.
- Maintain professional appearance offering a positive experience to all guests.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Self motivated with ability to manage deadlines
- Must be willing and able to relocate at the completion of the LID program.
- The ability to sit and utilize telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion.
- Must be able to work at minimum a 47.5 hour workweek to include a flexible schedule with nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement