Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
Research Assistant (Part-time, hourly position) – Climate and Environment Program
Founded 47 years ago, ICCR is a pioneer coalition of over 300 active institutional investors representing faith-based communities, socially responsible asset managers, labor unions, and others who leverage their investments as a catalyst for social change. ICCR members work in coalition to engage the world's largest corporations on a range of social and environmental issues impacting communities in the U.S. and globally, including human rights; climate change; food justice; sustainable water policies; health equity; and corporate influence via lobbying and political spending.
The Position: This individual will work with ICCR’s Program Director on Climate and Environment to help support ICCR’s campaign to engage oil and gas companies to reduce methane emissions. Specifically, the individual will conduct research and help organize investors (1) to support regulations that minimize methane emissions, and (2) to engage with oil and gas companies to improve industry disclosure around methane and encourage adoption of best practices to limit emissions.
Work will include:
· Conducting corporate research to inform engagements with key companies;
· Drafting issue briefs and backgrounders, company profiles, presentations, updating lists & recording meeting minutes;
· Benchmarking companies that ICCR members have engaged on their commitments across a variety of sectors; and
· Coordinating investor input on regulations and policy related to methane emissions.
· Graduate students, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Excellent research, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in and/or knowledge of corporate social responsibility, environmental, and/or sustainability issues
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize responsibilities, and work independently while being part of a team
This is a part-time, hourly position, with a competitive hourly wage. Hours and schedule are flexible. This is an ideal position for a graduate student interested in gaining experience with shareholder engagement and corporate social responsibility work.
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. This policy is intended to reflect the values and ideals of ICCR’s members and to help ICCR itself model the equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action practices that its members urge corporations to adopt.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to: Josh Zinner at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is September 30th, 2019.