Recreation and Visitor Services Technician
The Great Basin Institute is recruiting a Recreation Technician to support recreation and visitor services for the USFS Bridgeport Ranger District. The local area is a recreation destination in summer and the office experiences a high volume of visitors and phone calls requesting information on recreation activities. Duties of the Recreation Technician include maintenance of developed recreation sites, answering phones, addressing visitor questions, and assisting in other activities. Weekly schedule: Five 8-hour days per week, including weekends and holidays.
USFS Bridgeport Ranger District, Bridgeport, CA in the eastern Sierra Nevada
o Living allowance: Total of $6,300 disbursed biweekly
o Education award:$1,566 upon successful completion of term of service
o Housing: Barracks are 5 miles from the Ranger Station and are provided at no cost
o Limited health, dental and vision insurance starting your first day of service at no cost for premium
- Coursework in recreation management, natural resources, or equivalent field experience;
- Ability to safely and effectively perform field and office work;
- Ability to work productively either independently or as part of a team;
- Ability to perform moderate to strenuous physical exertion including walking in steep or uneven terrain, bending, lifting, and carrying;
- Ability to live and work in rural and remote field and office setting;
- Willingness and ability to consistently enact high performance standards and a strong work and team ethic in support of the mission of GBI and the goals and objectives of the USFS;
- Possess clean, valid, state-issued driver’s license with knowledge of or ability to learn how to safely operate a 4WD pickup truck on- and off-road; and
- Meet AmeriCorps eligibility requirements: (1) U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status, (2) eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (limit of two in a lifetime, regardless of award amount), and (3) pass National Sex Offender Public Registry (NSOPR) and federal criminal background checks.
to apply please follow the link below: