Water Resources Intern
The City of Hillsboro is accepting resumes for a Water Resources Intern position. This position will support the Water Department’s efforts to update a drinking watershed protection plan and assist implementation of source water protection projects. The position will also assist with conservation programs, including customer service on water efficiency rebates, water use audits, and creation of outreach materials. This internship is a temporary part-time 25-30 hour/week internship. Hours will be scheduled Monday – Friday between 8am – 5pm, with exact schedule will be determined after hire.
Compensation is $17.91/hour. Resumes will be accepted until June 24, 2019.
Internship Process & Timeline:
June: Application, Interview & Selection Process
July - September: Summer Internship
General Description of Duties:
· Provides technical support and assistance in the planning, development and implementation of water conservation programs and water resource projects.
· Gathers, researches and analyzes data; prepares documentation, reports, plans, maps, drawings, and correspondence for internal benchmarking, and informing governing boards.
· Assists in updating databases for tracking and forecasting water demands and customer water consumption.
· Assists in the development and presentation of public education materials, training and outreach programs.
· Responds to public information requests, researches records and documents and provides information.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Professional communication skills including listening, speaking and writing
· Skills in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
· Positive and effective customer service principles
· Natural resource management and/or environmental science concepts including earth processes
· Mathematical concepts and research and analysis methods
· Drinking water protection and conservation practices knowledge preferred
· Must be a current Master’s student studying Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
· Must complete and pass criminal background check
· Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to commit to the entire internship
How to Apply: Visit the City of Hillsboro career opportunities webpage to submit an application, resume, and responses to supplemental questions. Partial applications will not be considered.
Questions? : Jessica Stark, City of Hillsboro Human Resources Department at
or at 503-681-6222
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Hillsboro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership, national origin, political affiliation, age, genetic information, mental or physical disability, credit history or source of income. Applicants who feel their civil rights have been violated at any time during the course of their consideration for employment with the City of Hillsboro should contact the Human Resources Department immediately. Applicants who consider themselves disabled under federal or state law and desire assistance should contact the Human Resources Department.