Historic Resources Specialist II, Events Administration Liaison
Application deadline: June 20, 2019
To apply for this position online, submit a digital application via the Mississippi State Personnel Board. If you would like more information about the application process please contact the MDAH human resources office at 601-576-6865.
The Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH) is seeking a Historic Resources Specialist II to serve as an Events Administrative Liaison at the Two Mississippi Museums—the Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum.
The Events Administrative Liaison reports to the Events Manager. The Events Administrative Liaison is responsible for administrative support throughout the event planning process and execution.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include:
- Answering phone calls and responding to facility use inquiries
- Conducting facility use tours
- Working after hours events
- Organizing and maintaining facility use rental equipment
- Sustaining vendor contacts
- Providing timely post event follow up and recap
- Interacting with museum staff and attend meetings as needed
- Assist operations team with event set-up and take-down
Education and experience must meet one the following criteria:
- A Master's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and one year of related experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two years of related experience.
MDAH is an Equal Opportunity Employer