Communications and Digital Associate
As a communications and digital intern, you will work closely with the digital director in every facet of digital media: copy writing, social media, data, and design. You will also work closely with the communications director to share the perspectives of business leaders at the national and local level. You’ll be trained on the latest best practices and play a crucial role in our communications efforts. You will also conduct background research and work with other departments as needed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Drafting media advisories, press releases, and briefing materials
- Writing and loading content for website and email
- Maintaining our database using Blue State Digital Tools
- Supporting research efforts
- Designing graphics for social media
- Creating and updating press lists
- Compiling daily news clips
- Helping implement digital campaigns
- Drafting blogs for the Business Forward website
- Drafting op-eds and other commentaries for publication in national and local outlets
- Pitching news stories and op-eds
We have two positions available, and we are looking for candidates with strong analytic, research, and writing skills. Experience with basic HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign is preferred. An understanding of social media is a plus. The internship is located in our Washington, D.C. office, and is expected to be full or part time for the 2019 fall semester. The internship is approximately 16 weeks long.
This internship can be done for college credit or paid hourly.
Send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.