Reports to: Content Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Job Summary: The Goodman Videographer is responsible for creating video content—shooting, editing, deploying—for the primary purpose of promoting nine productions each season, plus education and engagement events, for use online (primarily GoodmanTheatre.org, marketing e-blasts and social media), broadcast purposes and in the Goodman lobby. The Videographer also assists with concepting teaser/trailers and archival video shoots.
Essential Functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to interact with and collaborate well with others—specifically, reporting to the Content Manager; working closely with the video Content Creator; and working with the Graphic Design and the Digital Strategy teams—to produce video for the organization that entices through a compelling narrative, reflects the brand and speaks well to the institution’s current and future patrons.
- Idea generation, storyboarding and other visualization to communicate concepts for video
- Scouting locations, setting up shots, lighting and sound
- Work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Maintain individual work flow and project schedules
- The ability to frame and light a subject
- Editing and sound skills
- Knowledge of the hardware and software used to create video content
- An understanding and appreciation of video trends on social media
- High level of computer literacy (animation skills a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of theater and the productions in the Goodman’s season
- Awareness of the Goodman brand and how it translates to videos produced
- Maintaining individual workflow and project schedules
- Ability to effectively design motion graphics is a plus
- Knowledge of file formats required for all media outlets, traditional (broadcast networks, online media) and social (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
Education and Eligibility Requirements: College degree. An internship (preferably at an arts organization) in which the candidate created video content for an organization or clients is a plus.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community—Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume with a link to relevant video work or portfolio to: https://ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html . No phone calls please.