Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team.
• Support and maintain both hardware and software for control systems
• Control system architecture design–conceptualize overall mills’ control system layout
• Control wiring design-generally 120VAC and below; including clean power distribution, mA/V Analog signals, DC and AC discrete signal wiring, thermocouples
• Control panel design–component selection and layout/signal separation/fusing/grounding and MCC’s
• Control system network configuration and troubleshooting
• Logic programming including: ladder logic and multi-axis motion control
• Provide expertise to team for problem identification and opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity
• Design, construct and implement power distribution, drive controls, and process control systems
• Manage change control and ensure all systems are documented and backed-up
• Other duties as needed
• Engineering Degree or verifiable electrical or programming experience
• Experience with the following: PLC’s-AB ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500, MicroLogix, HMI’s–FactoryTalk View SE, FactoryTalk View ME, Ignition, AB Panelview, Panelview Plus, RSView32, and EZTouch, VFD’s-Control Technique, AB PF700, Yaskawa F7
• Electrical system familiarity; including Motors, Drives, Switches, Sensors, Valves, MCC’s, PDC’s, Hydraulic and Electrical Servo’s
• Experience working in an industrial field
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Valid Driver’s License is required for business travel
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.